CRYSTAL ELECTRODE GEL IS RECOMMENDED FOR ALL ELECTRO-MEDICAL PROCEDURES e.g. ECG, ECG, EEG, EMG, TENS and EMS.
It is mostly used by radiologists, gynecologists and cardiologists.
The Director of Provincial Hospital and Health Services evaluated the high and the medium viscosity CRYSTAL ELECTRODE GEL and declared it “an excellent quality product”. It was approved for hospital use and granted the State Hospital Contract. Currently it is being used by many local state and private institutions as well as private practitioners nation wide.
CRYSTAL ELECTRODE GEL offers good sliding without adherence loss and provides optimal contact between electrode and skin. The GEL works by wetting the skin (or surface) and thereby reducing skin resistance and improving electric conductivity.
Specific formulations [e.g. very high viscosity gel] can also be prepared to meet user requirements.
Electrode Gel Technical Characteristics
- Conductive electrolytic properties
- Establishes excellent contact between electrode unit and skin
- Non corrosive to metal electrodes
- Active ingredients completely soluble in water
- Salt and Chlorine free
- Adequately preserved to keep for a minimum period of 18 months
- Drying rate is adequately humectant so that half the moisture is lost in not less than 90 minutes at 37 °C with the product exposed
- Non staining
- Non sticky – easily removed by napkin
- Adequately viscous – offers good sliding without adherence loss
- Establishes optimum contact between electrode and skin resulting to excellent conductive properties
- Does not cause a heat effect under electronic influence
- Non toxic
- No allergic effect
- Does not irritate the skin or mucous membrane
Presentation of gels:
- 250 ml squeeze bottle
- 5 Litre container